Get widget

Friday, August 17, 2012

Stupidity and the Internet.

I don’t get this thing with swag or the thing with adult men suddenly being into My Little Pony. I was completely, blissfully unaware of these types of things a few years ago, but with being in front of a computer all day at work, nowadays I tend to roam the internet when I get bored. I now know what memes are and how to say that word, and can name at least 3 websites that you can go to to see funny/awkward autocorrect fails (I disabled autocorrect immediately after buying my phone), and am seeing all kinds of weirdness.

Swag is stupid. YOLO is stupid. They are crap. Idiot kids are using YOLO as an excuse to go to dumb things and not think of the consequences. You know what? “Look both ways before crossing a large intersection. YOLO.” or “Tell your mom you love her. YOLO.” I don’t even GET swag. It seems to be some sort of pseudo-cool, saggy pants, hat thing where boys who claim to have it think they can get away with disrespecting women, do whatever they want, and be ubercool. Guess what? NO ONE CARES. Go get a job and stop calling your mom names, because we all know you’re still living with her, since swag won’t pay your bills. In addition, I dislike you a great deal. 

It saddens me immensely that this person exists. And made that.
 

I do love memes. They are so fun! My favorites are “Condescending Wonka,” “Philosraptor” (mostly for the name, haha), and “Socially Awesome Penguin.” I really love penguins. In fact, enjoy this god meme about them. Apparently he likes penguins, too. Also, it’s pronounced “meem.” Not “may-may.”




The internet is a treasure trove of untapped resources, answers for your questions, people, and of course, there are also a bunch of ignorant twatwaffles that HAVE to put their opinion out there, even when it’s terrible or racist or stupid or just plain ignorant, and then the requisite bunch of other people who feel compelled to respond. It is especially amusing when the original poster (often referred to as OP) was just being a troll or joking around or playing devil’s advocate.

There are also a lot of animal pictures. Pretty sure that’s my favorite part! Boyfriend and I were joking around last night that if we got a cat, we’d name him Internet. :) That made me laugh. It’s so apropos! Think about it. What is the internet most used for? Facebook, haterz (with a z), and cat pictures!

But we cannot get a kitty. Unless it was hairless. But I’m not wanting to cuddle with Mr. Bigglesworth. I would more want to snuggle with Fabulous Kitty! 
 



Nonetheless, stealing is wrong and if my cat stole my sunglasses, I would be displeased. And not cat would wish to displease me! Enjoy this picture of my friend Megan’s cat, Cassius Clay. 







Cassius Clay being adorable.
And in the end, I started off talking about stupidity found around the internet that I can’t help but get distracted by and caught up in, and what happened? It devolved into pictures of cats. Like 90% of the internet. Without even trying, I PROVED THE STEREOTYPE!

To counteract the cats, enjoy this cartoon of an awesome fluffy duck-beast.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the swagers and yolo'ers are who are bringing this country down. I have a step brother who is the epitome of swag and yolo. His mom pretty much pays all of his bills, his swag clothes and his spiked hair. He always has money to hit up the bar scene, party and get tatoos but no money to help his mom out with rent. It is a generation the truly disgusts me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this lifestyle and entitlement is terrible!

      Delete
  2. Right now it sounds like Drupal is the top blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?



    Also visit my web-site :: Musca Law Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that drupal is basically an open source software for creating and managing websites, but I don't use any special applications for this blog. I created the blog on Blogger several years ago, and I used their platform and templates for it, and continue to do so now!

      Delete