Get widget

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

For the 8 Nights of Hanukkah...

To the tune of "12 Days of Xmas" song.


On the first night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me...latkes with chives and sour cream!
On the second night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me, my pick on netflix.
On the third night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me, lots of Manischewitz.
On the fourth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me, mom’s matzo balls.
On the fifth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me, FIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE chocolate coins!
On the sixth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me, 6 chinese dinners.
On the seventh night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me, 7 spinning dreidels.
On the eighth night of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me, 8 flames a-dancing.
 

Don't worry, it totally fits the cadence! My friend Gigi helped me write the lyrics, and specifically she got the "first night" totally right, I love it!

Seriously, this pleases me so much.  


Check it out! Also, I decided to change "4 minutes alone" to "mom's matzo balls," but the change occurred after recording it, ha! 
(link to the recording, it's only 25 seconds long)
https://soundcloud.com/jyssrocks/8-nights-of-hanukkah/s-K9jdl

No comments:

Post a Comment