Get widget

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

As I have a chat with myself this morning.

This is my first blog. I had a whiney, angst-y, teen-riddled LiveJournal in high school that I haven't touched for years. So, I suppose this is my second blog, but the first one as an adult. Thank goodness for less angst, and less teenage drama!

My name is Jyssica. It's pronounced like the normal "jessica," and no, I do not spell it like that to be different, that's actually how it is spelled. I love it. I love that it's different and yet the same. It is unique and interesting and a bit strange, and I find it is a good reflection of who I am.

I find myself suddenly an adult. I'm not altogether sure how it happened. Maybe when I turned 25 last week? When I moved to NYC alone a year ago? When I got my first job out of college? No, certainly not then! No matter how it happened, I find it has. I'm self-sufficient, I'm living in a city far from my family, I have a life, I am in love. Weird!

I talk to myself. I have full conversations with myself in my head and out loud. I debate reasons for doing something, or argue about the logic of things, or talk myself into doing something I didn't feel like doing but knew that I "should" do (and the negative side of being an adult shines through...), and I reason things out for myself.

And sometimes, just to mess with people, I'll pretend to have an arguement with another personality. Try it, it is really, really fun and is 100% effective, if you're trying to get people to either leave you alone, or think you're weird.

I have a great, big, loving, supportive family, the best friends in the world, a guy who wants me just the way I am, and I am living in the best city in the world. I love my life. How could I not? That's not to say there aren't bumps in the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment