Get widget

Thursday, June 16, 2011

An Ode To Sleep (written at 8am)

Oh, Sleep.
How I love the way your gentle
Hands guide me to unconsciousness.
You never strike like lightning
BOOM! ASLEEP!
But tenderly waft me towards the
Other side of waking.
Sometimes you provide me
With incredibly detailed
Live-action dreams,
Others, a simple blank
Screen to stare at in darkness.

Sometimes you evade me,
And that makes me super-mad.
And those times, I always vow revenge
On your stupid face for not
Allowing me the pleasure of
Sleeping. And leaving me
Tired in the morning for work.
Then I drink some coffee, and
Longingly recall being
Wrapped like a burrito,
Comfy in bed, near to you.

Oh, Sleep!
I love you in so many ways!
At different times of day (and night).
It feels like only a moment
Between closing my eyes and
Hearing my dumb buzzing alarm,
Telling me to get up. I am
Happy my alarm clock is
Shatterproof.
I love you much more than it, times 20 billion.

I will see you again, tonight,
Sleep, and embrace you
Like a long-lost friend.
And if you try to stay away from me,
I will facebook-stalk you and hunt
You down and then you will be mine again.
Because that's just how much you mean to me.
I love you so much, Sleep.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment