Get widget

Monday, May 6, 2013

Temporarily Bum-tastic!

Today is Monday. This is the first Monday that I can pretty much ever remember not having work or school, unless on a previously scheduled vacation day or holiday break.

I started working at age 15. My first job was typically terrible. I mean, come on. 15 year olds are stupid, and reckless, and probably shouldn't be given much responsibility or control. 

I was a cashier at Winn-Dixie in Lakeland, Florida. It wasn't epically terrible, and I don't have some awesome story about how I'd surf the shopping carts or play Supermarket Sweep after close. Nope, typical average first job.

I moved into waitressing after that. I must have been seduced by the thought of working with the customers all day every day and depending on their whims to pay me or not. Also, I was good at it, and serving over the next several years was good. Helped me pay for college, and I made some awesome friends and crazy half-drunken memories with them.

I graduated with a Bachelor's 6 years ago, almost to the day! Jeez, I just realized that. It was 6 years ago yesterday. And this week is also my 3rd anniversary of living in NYC! Life is good.

6 years ago, I finished college and switched from waitressing to a full-time desk job in sales. And through the years, across the states, and traversing different industries, sales is where I have stayed.

As of 4 days ago, however, I am embarking on a brand new career. I have been wanting to become a recruiter for over a year now. I have researched, I have applied, I have interviewed, and I HAVE TRIUMPHED.

Starting one week  from today, I am a recruiter for a recruiting firm here in NY, and with offices around the country. 

But until next Monday...

I AM AN UNEMPLOYED LAZY BUM! 

 This is amazing. Being unemployed for a week has opened my world. The gym is WAY LESS CROWDED when you go during business hours. The line at the shoe store has fewer people in it. There is almost always available seats on the train! My alarm clock hasn't made a peep in days.

Yesterday, I slept in past 11. Today, I was awake, but laid in bed until 10:30. 

It's been amazing. And thank god it is just for a week. I can already feel the boredom creeping in. Luckily, not for long! I leave tomorrow morning for some family and beach time in Florida before starting the new job!

And I am 100% super excited to start out in my new career!

The fact of the matter is that I knew this was going to be a super awesome year. I mean, my 2 favorite numbers in the whole entire universe are 3 and 7.

This year is 2013 and I am about to turn 27.

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT. 

Also, Sherlock Holmes has taught me there are no coincidences. Or maybe that was David Baldacci that taught me that? Either way, I've been obsessed with both of late. I think I am becoming quite the deductive reasoning political crime detective. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment