Get widget

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gonna party like it's my birthday!

...and you know we don't give a *&#@ it's not your birthday! Party in the club...!

Woohoo! I am officially 27! I am so excited and pleased and smug in my knowledge that unlike many others in this world, I LOVE getting older, and don't feel the least bit "old."

I'll be that girl turning 50, screaming "WOOHOO! 50! YEAH!" out of the open sunroof in the limo my friends and I have rented so that we can go terrorize the streets of Las Vegas.

You know, it's just how we roll. :)

Getting older is going to happen whether you go kicking and screaming, or gently into the good night. So, I figure since there is no point in fighting it, I might as well enjoy the heck out of it! 

Every year, I get to go on new adventures, meet new people, and see new places. 

And in my quest to see the world and make a small mark of my own, I need the age, the wisdom, and curiosity to thirst for it all. 

At 23, I moved to NY alone. 

At 24, I met Boyfriend. 

At 25, I jumped from a perfectly good airplane, on purpose, with one of my favorite people in the world.

At 26, I both moved in with aforementioned Boyfriend, and got the job I'd been looking for, for what seemed like forever!
My coworkers decorated my desk!

CONFETTI.














Who knows what 27 will hold? TELL ME YOUR SECRETS, 27! OR I SHALL BEAT THEM OUT OF YOU! 

Well. 

Apparently I may be getting sort of aggressive at my ripe old age of 27. Perhaps I should ask some of my friends, who are already 27 or have been before. After all, I should learn the ways. Am I supposed to be all grown up now or something?

The best part about turning 27 in 2013 is that 7 and 3 are my very favorite numbers EVER and they are right there in both numbers! That's so awesome. This will probably be an incredible, magical, wonderful, or at least fun year. 

3 and 7 are both prime numbers. They add together to make a perfect round first-double-digit number, and they are so attractive. 3 with her crazy curves, 7 with her angles and the little line I put through the center when I write it. 

Call me crazy,
Call me weird.
Call me whatever.
At least I'm getting calls!

Lines I wrote yesterday:
I have, I have, I have sunshine to find. 

I want, I want, I want to jump off of the grind and fall into, into, into that sunshine state of mind.

We can only be so refined. 
We can only be so defined by that one part of us that yearns for freedom and stays stuck behind.

I have, I have, I have been too long blind. 
I need, I need, I need to learn to unwind, and fall into, into, into that sunshine state of mind.



And then look, today, the anniversary of the day I graced the world with my presence, the day is full of sunshine and life and people and cheer. :)

...also, I have noticed that I have a lot more friends on fb than in real life! Even though everyone on fb are people I actually for-realz know in real life. Life is strange, my friends.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and thoughts! In the words of George Feeny: I love you all.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment