Get widget

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Fresh Princess of Brooklyn

Obviously, this is required to be sung to the tune of the Fresh Prince theme song.

Now, this is a story all about how
My location got flipped, turned upside-down
And I’d like to take 10 minutes,
While I don’t eat pork,
And tell you how this Jew moved from Florida to New York.

Just south of Tampa, born and raised,
In Hebrew School is how I spent every Tuesday.
Sitting there, learning from the Siddur
Wishing I was playing kickball at the school.
When a couple of hours a week were no longer enough
Suddenly it started getting even more tough.
I threw one little tantrum and my mom got mad
She said “Study your Haftorah and get your butt upstairs.”

I sang in the Temple and lead the services,
Finally became Bat Mitzvah’ed, no longer nervous.
If anything, I can say I quit Sunday School that day,
And finally went back to the neighborhood to play.

Weren’t many Jews, maybe 7 or 8,
In my high school, so I decided to move
Looked at Brooklyn
I was finally there
To sit on my throne, another JAP with cab fare.



....Sometimes I think I might have too much time on my hands.

So this is certainly different, right? But I was in the mood for a parody, and I was thinking about how it's so cliche for Jews to move down to Florida from NY, and of course I went the opposite direction.
Yeah? Well who cares what you think? This makes me laugh, and that's good enough for me. :)

Here, enjoy 2 pictures of Will Smith! lol one of my favorite lines, "Damn, you got some big feet."

This is my 'detecting stuff' face.


2 comments: