Get widget

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

In Yo’ FACE, Insomnia!

Insomnia totally and completely sucks.  I am one of the millions afflicted with this possibly hereditary disease. I say possibly, because though I would LOVE to blame this on my mother, she can sleep anywhere, dropping off in the middle of movies, books, conversations, you name it. She sleeps like a narcoleptic, but not quite as often.

I have come to find that there are certain things I can do to create my “optimum sleeping environment.” I can create a space that will, if everything goes perfectly and the planets are aligned, allow me to fall asleep in the fastest possible timeframe. This leads me to describing what I call 'my crypt.'

That’s right. In order for me to have the highest likelihood of falling asleep quickly, I need my room to be these 3 things: dark, silent, and cold. If any one of these things isn’t there, I am quickly lead into a spiral of sadness, awake-ness, and annoyance. However, of the 3, being cold is the MOST important. I cannot sleep at all if I am hot, but I can wear earplugs and squish my face into the pillow more for the others, if absolutely necessary.

One cool thing is that I fall asleep and wake up in the same position. I actually will kind of wake up, roll over, and fall back asleep, if I turn over at all. I’m telling you, I am a weirdo.

In regards to sleeping, I always fall asleep the same way. On my stomach, one arm under my pillow, right underneath my face, the other arm tucked right into my chest, and one leg kind of bent towards whichever direction I am facing.

In addition to all of that completely exciting and necessary information above, I have drawn (via sharpie) the following. I understand the comic below illustrates a certain level of crazy, but I happen to think many people will see it and know what I mean. 
(Click on any picture to make it bigger and to be able to read some of the writing. Sorry 'bout that.)

***Zoomed in shot, so you can read the writing on the pillow:
Aaaaaand last frame!


And there you have it. My slice of illustrated crazy, and my sharpie-comic debut! :)

3 comments:

  1. Uhmmmm. I too wonder why you are not famous with powerful stuff like this! You are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I crack myself UP! :) Maybe by 20 posts, I'll have garnered my fame. lol!

    ReplyDelete