Get widget

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Poem That Starts Out By Discussing Waking Up In The Morning For School

School day,
Late night,
Morning comes rapidly,
Though I put up a valiant fight.

That damn alarm
Ringing persistently
Ruins dreams, and
Garners glares from me.

On weekends,
Waking up feels
Natural and pure.

On weekdays,
Waking up feels
Painfully like torture.

Why, Gods, do you hate me?
Oh, Karma, why are you kicking my ass?
Is it because I stayed up super-late
In the hopes I'd sleep through class?

Prof, your lectures are quite stimulating,
I’m sure others would agree, and
The way you spit when you say “Sesquipedalian”
Totally terrifies me.

Your homework orders are quite titillating,
And I cannot wait to start.
The way you tell me what to do
Practically tears my brain apart [with glee].

I dance in anticipation,
Can’t wait to begin each day,
School is fun and the homework funner,
Glorious in every way.

Oh, Teacher, the way you guide my study
With books and syllabi,
And the way you read right from the slides,
Which you refuse to put online

Tantalizes my brain stem
And makes my neurons sing.
And that way you go off on a 20-minute tangent that has nothing to do with the lecture
Leaves my brain cells tingling.

What do they want me to know?
Will this be on the test?
That rant about the foods you hate?
I couldn’t even hazard a guess.

I don’t care that you hate Nixon
Or that strawberries give you a rash.
Is there any way to stay on the subject?
Considering the large amounts of cash [you’ve forcibly taken from my parents]?

In the end, I graduated
Though I'm not quite sure how
And now I'm out in the real world.
You should probably be scared now.

No comments:

Post a Comment