Get widget

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Trio of Poems on Completely Random Topics

"Lamp Of My Heart" by Jyssica Scott
I love you, O Lamp,
Giver of light.
You sit triumphantly
On the stand of night.

Underneath your
Yellow shine,
I read my books
With naked eye.

Though I was blind,
You make me see!
Once, I stubbed my toe,
Now I walk freely!

You’ve lit the path, and
You make me complete.
O Lamp, I love you,
No other can compete.

Except, perhaps, that
Keychain flashlight. For,
When the power goes out
You become useless, quite.
------------------
A Halloween Limerick:

One Halloween, a girl dressed as Pac-Man,
But her friends all said it was whack, man.
She said, I’ll just go slutty,
And so did her buddy,
So, dressed in cold air and giggles, they ran.*

*Shoutout to Megan Bonnell, who provided the perfect last line to the limerick! Holla! :)
-------------------
"The End of Cool" by Jyssica Scott
Oh, LOL.


Oh, LMAO.
Oh, certain dance moves!
Oh, skater shoes.
Oh, bangle bracelets.
I’ll miss you all,
Individually and as a whole.
It was fun while it lasted!


We had a great run,
I thought you might stay,
But, our times together
Have all come to pass.


Once, we would play
And laugh and run,
Now you’re nothing
But a footnote in cool history.


I heard my mom say “LMAO”
Yesterday, and it broke my heart.
To know that it has now joined the
Uncool graveyard.


Just like all the other things
Parents do to be “hip.”
Like, the word “hip.”
See how they ruined that?


Or how about flare-leg jeans?
And comfy converse sneakers,
I see them on parents all the time.
And they don’t even call them chucks!


Oh, Macarena.
I don’t think you were ever really cool.
But the parents took away any tiny
Chance you might have had.
 
 
Oh, UGG boots.
I never liked you anyway,
But a ton of people did, and
Now the baby boomers wear them.
 
 
So, if you love something now
Don’t get too attached,
Sooner or later,
Your parents will do or say it.
And that is totally the
End of Cool as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment