Get widget

Friday, February 10, 2012

To Duckface or Not To Duckface? That shouldn’t even be a question!

There is this phenomenon, a kind of terrible one, of women doing what has been dubbed “the duckface” in pictures of themselves. It’s when you stick your lips out as far as they can possibly go, almost like they are attempting to escape the very reality of your face, and then take a picture of it. As you can imagine from that delightful description, it’s not always attractive. 


Personally, I think it started as maybe blowing a kiss, and then just got extremely out of hand. And for some reason, no one looked at their picture and said “Whoa, I look like my lips are trying to escape and the rest of my face is engaging in an awkward tug-of-war, in which at least one part doesn’t care if the lips go, and the rest is trying realllllly hard to make them stay.” Obviously, I would have said this.


I think I AM dancing. I do like doing that!






Yes. It's pretty accurate. Damn, I am an ARTISTE!
My duck-drawing skills are practically unmatched!















This is for you. Well, maybe not you SPECIFICALLY. But maybe someone you know? Someone you love? Maybe you love them less since they starting resembling Daffy in every picture. But you ONCE loved them, so this is them. Possibly not you. But maybe it IS you and you secretly do it! Do not lie to me!



THIS is what you THINK you look like.




-------------->
And this is what you ACTUALLY look like. This is what everyone else sees, and then immediately questions your sanity. I'm going to be nice and not even talk about the Dorito tan and wonder why she looks so darn surprised. Like "Holy carp! Is that me??" Sure is, kid. Suuuuuuuure is. Sorry.



However, I will admit that long before that was ever called a duckface, women were sticking their lips out. I was sticking my lips out. There, I said it! I stuck my lips out then, and I still sometimes do it now. But it was never a picture-taking-I’m-too-sexy-for-my-lips thing. It’s mah DANCIN’ FACE!

In the picture, I'm dancing to "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul, if that helps you FEEL the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment