Get widget

Monday, May 21, 2012

Skipping Down Memory Lane. And Procrastinating with Paper!


So, I had this mega-brilliant idea, to make things. I tend to be pretty crafty, in general. I knitted a scarf for my mom once. But knitting takes FOREVER, and I've been meaning to learn to crochet, anyway. I have always enjoyed just doodling and making stuff and keeping my hands busy. I've made scarves out of t-shirts, and melted crayon art, and all kinds of other arts and crafts ideas from Pinterest, too. Boyfriend and I made chalkboard paint and painted a thing and now he has a really awesome framed blue chalkboard that we write stupid things and (I) draw mustaches on!

And if I can  waste time and procrastinate while I am making stuff, more power to ME!
  
Here is what I did today. You are welcome in advance for this trip through 7th grade.




Might not look like much yet, give it a minute!

REMEMBER???

Writing in random numbers....

BAM! Fake fortunes and random phrases that aren't fortunes (like those jerkface fortune cookies. PROVERBS ARE NOT FORTUNES, YOU MEAN, YET ODDLY DELICIOUS COOKIE!


Oh yes, you remember this.

Now the other way!

HOLY CRAP, A FORTUNE! (sort of). They weren't always fortune tellers. Sometimes they were random-tellers.


Then, I moved on from my epically awesome paper fortune teller. I had markers, and let me tell you, elementary-and-middle-school-me was super jealous of that sweet fortune teller. She WISHES she was as cool then as I am now! But, I played it a few times, got the good fortunes, and moved on to other paper pastimes.

LIKE DOODLING! Look at how cool my doodles are! This is just one long continuous line, too. Because that's how I roll, yo. It's 4 colors, one line, a WHOLE LOT OF COOL.

And then, after the doodling, I moved on to the most AMERICAN paper pastime of all...

Look! I even drew a little field and goalposts! I mean, I couldn't hold my fingers up as a goal AND take a picture...

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. And suddenly, I am a hand model. YESSSS! *insert '90s fist pump here*

I think what we should all take from this is 1) I have remarkable arts-and-crafts abilities, 2) More people should have markers on their desk and work, and 3) Fortune tellers were never NOT cool, we just stopped making them when we got super busy. Now is the time to bring those back, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment